Saturday, September 27, 2008

This is an image I completed a little while ago. I only had access to the low-res image at the time of coloring it, so it's not high quality or anything, but ti still came out pretty good. The original line art was done by Mike S. Miller (http://underdogmike.deviantart.com).




I'm terrible at remembering to take progress pics, so this isn't that in depth, but I'll explain what you see. The first is obviously the original line art. Panel 2 is my flat colors for quick selections. Panel 3 is the background. I started with that to make sure that Sheena wasn't over saturated. Panel 4 is the initial colors for Sheena. In panel 5 I adjusted hues and shading to make her appear more under the trees in the shade. The last panel is the final image, I adjusted the shading on the tree to make it appear more natural for the pic.

No comments: