Monday, February 23, 2009

I like gifts...


So someone gave me THIS piece of original art as a gift as a thank you for coloring an original art piece they had purchased from me.  I really didn't expect it and was floored.  I actually had my eye on this piece about a year and a half ago when another collector was selling it, but I had to pass because I couldn't afford it at the time, so imagine my surprise when I got it in the mail.  I can't thank the person who sent it to me enough (Thanks Alex!) so in an attempt to, I'm coloring a copy of a piece she owns for her.  Here is the original.  This is just an 8.5x11 color study/layout that I did with a combination of colored pencils and Copic markers just to get an idea of how I was going to tackle this piece.  I plan on doing this in watercolors and making it look bigger and prettier, but I'm fairly new to watercolors, so if it sucks I might just do it with my Copics.

No comments: