Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oooooooo....She's a little Runaway...


So I've kind of been stuck in a creative rut for the last week and a half or so. I just didn't have motivation to do ANYTHING. And I haven't. I haven't really felt it come back at all, but I needed to get back into it. I finally sat down and started some sequential page practice. Above is a page from Michael Ryan's run on Runaways. I'm not sure who inked it though. Originally this was colored by the amazing Christina Strain. I purchased the original page at the 2009 NY Comic Con, so I was able to do a high-res scan for practice. I'm just kind of making it up as I go along, although fragments of it are from memory of the original colors. I have one more page from this series to color, and a bunch of Terry Dodson X-Men pages too. The speed at which I'm working on these has increased greatly. I'm sure if I didn't get distracted a bunch of times today, I'd have finished this piece already. I just gotta keep pluging away until I get my groove back.

No comments: