Tuesday, September 29, 2009

STREET FIGHTER



This is my submission piece for the Alvin Lee Street Fighter Tribute Digital Coloring Contest. I came up with the idea of having the piece on weathered parchment about halfway through coloring this. I really felt like Chun-Li and Ken were the main focal points of this piece, so I wanted them to stand out more. Kind of like they were coming to life off of a dirty old drawing on a scroll. I originally had an actual scroll under it, but ditched that because it looked weird, and just went with a weathered piece of paper. I don't know that I actually achieved the feel of them coming off of the page, but I still think it looks cool. :D

There are only 2 versions here, with and without the lines, because I pretty much did color holds over every single line, except Chun-Li's. So there's not a big difference with just the color holds on vs. all the lines on.

No comments: